Introduction to Static Analysis Using SolidWorks Simulation 1st Edition
|Introduction to Static Analysis Using SolidWorks Simulation 1st Edition|
Hardcover: 353 pages
Publisher: CRC Press; 1 edition (September 9, 2014)
Product Dimensions: 10 x 7.1 x 0.9 inches
Shipping Weight: 2 pounds
Uses Finite Element Analysis (FEA) as Implemented in SolidWorks Simulation
Outlining a path that readers can follow to ensure a static analysis that is both accurate and sound, Introduction to Static Analysis using Solid-works Simulation effectively applies one of the most widely used software packages for engineering design to the concepts of static analysis. This text utilizes a step-by-step approach to introduce the use of a finite element simulation within a computer-aided design (CAD) tool environment. It does not center on formula and the theory of FEM; in fact, it contains essentially no theory on FEM other than practical guidelines. The book is self-contained and enables the reader to progress independently without an instructor. It is a valuable guide for students, educators, and practicing professionals who wish to forego commercial training programs, but need to refresh or improve their knowledge of the subject.
Classroom Tested with Figures, Examples, and Homework Problems
The book contains more than 300 illustrations and extensive explanatory notes covering the features of the SolidWorks (SW) Simulation software. The author presents commonly used examples and techniques highlighting the close interaction between CAD modelling and FE analysis. She describes the stages and program demands used during static analysis, details different cases, and explores the impact of selected options on the final result. In addition, the book includes hands-on exercises, program commands, and a summary after each chapter.
- Explores the static studies of simple bodies to more complex structures
- Considers different types of loads and how to start the loads property managers
- Studies the workflow of the run analysis and discusses how to assess the feedback provided by the study manager
- Covers the generation of graphs
- Determines how to assess the quality of the created mesh based on the final results and how to improve the accuracy of the results by changing the mesh properties
- Examines a machine unit with planar symmetrical geometry or with circular geometry exposed to symmetrical boundary conditions
- Compares 3D FEA to 2D FEA
- Discusses the impact of the adopted calculating formulation by comparing thin-plate results to thick-plate results
Introduction to Static Analysis using Solid Works Simulation equips students, educators, and practicing professionals with an in-depth understanding of the features of SW Simulation applicable to static analysis (FEA/FEM).
password for this file